Dear Family
Yesterday night we definately had fun the night before we have a mountain range about 4-5 miles out that I can see from my bed well two nights ago we watched the fire burn up and over the mountain then last night we watched as the fire came within a half milke to a mile away from the carracks we even backed all of our main packs to be able to evacuate across the street to the hovercraft base across the street but during the night it changed directions to head away from the MCRD portion of the base. Today more sitting around we didn't get to do much today weapons maintanence prac, first aid and lecture from my senior drill Instructor the only change is that the power is out and we now have to wear masks to make sure we don't inhale to much smoke. IT still looks like Christmas as the white ash falls around us. I am not looking forward to tomorrow more sitting around and more bordom the plus for the electricity going out is we get 11 1/2 hrs of sleep yesterday and tonmight from dawn to suck. Well I need to go write more letters I think I have 20 or so I am a little behind
Love
Ben
Dear Father,
I didn't have any more room on the family ltter and I wrote that last night and am writing this one tonight. I have realized that it is all a game to night they were messing arond withus before bed because we had extra time basically we were getting in and out of bed a couple of times and getting on line a whole lot more. About 20 of us right around me were trying not to laugh because they drill instructors had to find the mallest thing like one person wiggling their toe to punish us. It was hilarious that they have to try so hard now to find anything wrong with us. It is all becoming a game and we are loving it. 26 more days to go and in one hour I will officially be a third phase rady to gaduate.
Love
Ben
Recruit Benjamin
- The Few. The Proud. The Marines
- San Diego, CA, United States
No comments:
Post a Comment