Dear Family
Here I am on the Wednesday night before pre-qualification day for shooting and guess what I now have pink eye. Yep pink eye in my right eye so bad that yesterday I was asked by my drill instructor who I got into a fight with it was all red gooped up and swollen shut. I don't know if you know anything about the wrestler "the rack" he was the scorpion king but he has a famous eye brow raised and my face is swollen that way right now it is kind of funny. Even though it looks so heinious (sp) and it is my shooting eye I was able to get some drops from medical and shoot a 222 on the range which is 2 better than expert which is the highest you can get my goal is to only get sharpshooter but if I can get expert I will be thrilled. I don't know if I told you but I fell during my hike and injured my knee by falling on a rock with close to 110lbs of gear on but it is getting better now it only hurts when I kneel on it. I guess God wanted me to have a harder time in bootcamp than I wanted to so in that case I am now reading Job and his struggle with God turning Satan loose on him. It has been a little sureal her lately there has been a lot of military activity and apparently a naval company coming in cobras and I believe they are called hewys they are the little helicopters you see "we were soldiers" have been doing formation drills and reconisense missions over the base and in the last two days I have seen two cruisers and a submarine on the coast. If I haven't told you yet the range is right next to another marine base were hover crafts the big ballon ridding crafts are kept and repaired so I hear them every once and awhile. Well I need sleep so I can shoot well tomorrow
LOVE
Ben
PS Please remind everyone on my blog that I am extremely sorry I don't have enough time to write everyone that I promised. I barely have time to wrte my family
Recruit Benjamin
- The Few. The Proud. The Marines
- San Diego, CA, United States
No comments:
Post a Comment