Dear Family
Yesterday wow can I say that was a big mile stone I am now halfway done with training and finished an eiht mile hike with full dear in the rain which probably added an extra 10+ lbs to the pack I am not going int field week and crucible week this is the last letter I will snd until the end of field week possibily till the end of cruicible week. I am going to try to write as I go but I don't know how much time I will have period. The hike out to our bivwac site tomorrow and will hike to our classes everyday in full tactical gear which is flac, kevlar, and rifles, not to heavy but we might have our day pack too which weighs about twenty thirty pounds. On tuesday I go through the gas chamber which will be interesting. I don't want to do it but it is a requirement I might not be able to if my pink eye is still around but I shot a 221 on the range which is an expert mark on wednesday I have to do field firing which is kevlar, flac, and gas masks sooting to see if I can pass if I get 60 out of 100 points I pass and keep my expert score. I don't see any problem but then I also don't want to be cocky because their over confidence usually works against you. I m loving all of the pictures by bible looks werd because that is where I store them. Theyare my book markers I am currently reading Job, Psalms, and Proverbs. To encourage and show that even at the bottom of the pile God still is there and concerned about you and is there to conform and support you. I got to see another eight get baptised today which is always encouraging. I am getting ready to move out tomorrow to our new home for a week and at the end of that eek we move again. They give us nice stuff though my pack is a brand new backpacker pack probaly a loe Alpine bag cost approximately $250 or more our sleeping system is two sleeping bags a gortex cover and a isomat. We have full gortex clothing coat & pants along with poncho and poncho liner also thermo underware. They supply us also with all of our meals for the next week so we are pretty set basically add a few more personal items and you have our pcks. Well I should go finish getting ready if we get done son enough we get to watch "full metal jacket" tonight, a marine movie, which I haven't see. It will be the first priveledge we get since they took both of our phone calls away from us. By the tim you get this I wll probably be on crucible week. By then I guess you are suppose to start planning to buy airplane tickets if you know what you all want to do I need a confirmation number or copy of the confirmation sheet so that they don't make me buy my own ticket a I would like to know what you are all planning on doing while you are down here. I am planning on hopefully getting home before thankgiving dinner otherwise I am open to anything. On visitor day I plan t take you to the museum on base and to the semi formal restaurant on base depending on how busy it is and how long you get to be on base with me. I am telling you this because by probably T-60 Nove 12 is the last day you will beable to send lettrs to me and then only if you send them with two first class stamps because they will get hre faster but after thatI will probably not get them before I lave. If you still want to write and give them to me personally I am all for that. Well I really do need to go love you all and hope to see and possible talk to you all soon.
LOVE
BEN
PS If you need to get ahold of my freinds look on my phone and call them to tell them about the blog if not you can write again and I will send you addresses.
PSS I amsending this letter with two stamps I heard a rumor that they mail faster you will have to tell me
Recruit Benjamin
- The Few. The Proud. The Marines
- San Diego, CA, United States
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment