Dear Family,
California is burning and the snow is falling by now you probably have seen the news but california is on fire and the fires ae in San Diego area well north of it so I jut happen to be in themiddle of the fire three hours ago we found out that 13 miles north of us on the upper side of Camp Penelton is being evacuated and we are still ago on crucible but there is a possibility that it will be cancelled due to poor air quality already you can feel the heat of the fire it increased from in the sixties to 70's to feeling like it is in the lower 90's the air is becoming dryer and more difficult to breath. It is not rally noticible but it is if you really focus on the breathing. Tuesday night Oct 23 what can I say I fell alseep writing a letter the conditions here continue to amaze me it looks a little like Christmas with all the ash on the ground. The sun today was amazing no longer do we have limited coverage but we have full coverage so the sun is red and barely shines through and when it does it casts an erire glow like the sky just before a tornado. The air is even more difficult to breath like you have a cold the air also causes a lot of dryness so to not be to graphic but boogers are in abundance and hard to get rid of. We have not started the crucible and may not get to because of the conditions both MCRD north and south have postponed all physical outdoor activities until further notice. I am a little bumbed but that is ok I will get plenty of time to try out survival skills in the fleet. I also spend another 3 weeks - 4 weeks up here druing MCT so I will be doing the same stuff just more in depth. Today was boring we sat on our butts for close to 10 hrs studying prac and cleaning our weapons. Tomorrow will probably be the sme if not worse also for the crucible we got a double shot of bacillion in the butt for the third time. I now have received four shoots to the butt now I am not getting very use to shots and now dont care aobut them very much. I guess that comes from having so many I can't remember but I think I am up to 14 shots who would figure tht I would start to not mind the shots. Well not much more to tell I now am going to get some sleep.
Love you all
LOVE
Ben
PS Peachy rings, starbucks, mike & Ikes, Milk Duds, Raisenetts, M&M, milky way, runts, goobstoppers, reeces pieces, nutterbutter, oatmeal pie, twistlers, jelly beans, swedish fish, and jelly bellies, cheese cake, pudding (vanilla, butterscotish and tapioca and carmel) oatmeal raisen cookes & chocolate hip, sugar, Christmas cookies with or without frosting that is what I like so far as far as I remember there may be more.
PSS This is not to alarm you but as I am lying here I am watching the reaper begin to be devoured by flames the view is increadible I am glad I am witnessing this.
Recruit Benjamin
- The Few. The Proud. The Marines
- San Diego, CA, United States
No comments:
Post a Comment