Dear Family
Wow where to start so field week. It was amazing the irst twodays were ok we had field fire which was just lerninghow to shoot our rifles faster and accurately at 100 yds or less the third day was gas chamber and orienteering class which m fine eam and me excelled on the course finished close to an hour or so earlier than the last teams. I still had pink eye so I wasn't allowed to do pink eye (I think he meant gas chamber) something like I would go blind if I went in or something. Well anyways then the next day we learned hand signalsand fire team drills. We also had a right fire course which was an obsticle course done at night utilizing night movements tecniques. We also did about 7 different combat obsticle courses. Tomorrow we hike out to our site and set up for the crucible tis is when I will need the mos prayer 72 hrs of sleep depervation and food depervation followed by a ten mile hike up the reaper and thefamous warriors breakfast. Yesterday was cool though we got to watch full metal jacket and in the background SOI (School of infantry) was shooting off their artilery so it sounded like we were in the middle of a battle. The pictures are all good the one of culvers was questionable I really started to long for a rueben. Do I miss work no but do I miss the simplisity of getting up working and then go bakc home and hanging out with friends. I have answers for mom from on e of her priorletters she said she doesnt' know what i like well I started thinking and started getting craves for certain foods. I even wrote a list of what I want to have at Thanksgiving dinner - sweat potato pie, pumpkin pie, apple pie (whip cream all aournd), turkey, cranberry sauce or jello, rolls (homemade), Jello, stuffing, mash potato & gravy, squash, taco dip, ritz crackers and cheese spread. About flight plans the first day I get back to MCRD we got to SATO an on base travel agency where I can arrange a flight. I will then send you the information sothat you can arrange a flight close to mine I will probably fligh from San Diego to Chicago to Milwaukee oherwise I will fly from San Diego to Colorado to Milwaukee since Colorado is a big midway stopping point but I will see today I went to church like usual but it was better imagine over 200 young men crambed into a room where every isle and bulk head has a person sanding or sitting in it, and all sing at the top of our lungs you will see on drad day but we get pretty loud ad we were loud. we also had another 11 men get baptised today. I don't know how this would work but I would like it if you could get a hold of Ryan and see if there is any possibility of him getting aold of me to see if I can do a devotion for youth group when I get back. I figure it would be cool to tell m Christian walk and how hard it is to stick to your principles when you are surrounded by "evil" intentions and just about the perserverence ou need o get through boot camp. Also today it was interesting because it was very windy and you would have sworn it was foggy out but it definately was the "sand storm" (he was probably experiencing the smoke from the fire in CA but had no way of knowing it at the time) outside it was little bit amazing. Well I need to rest before I start the crucibl I wil write afterwards or we might get a phone call who knows we were suppose to get one on Sat but they took awya the phone centr here so we didn't get one instead we got a movie. Well Goodnight
Love
Ben
Recruit Benjamin
- The Few. The Proud. The Marines
- San Diego, CA, United States
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment