Dear Family
I just got your pictures and letters they definatly made me happy especially the leaf. They all went into my bible with the rest of my rememberences they definatly keep me going and remembering why I am here. I have no idea waht T day it is lost track life up here is crazy this is truelythe first opportunity I have had to write and that is because I didn't fall asleep right away like normal. Tomorrow is Saturday and it will be challenging tomorrow is our 5 mile hike with full gear, I really think I will be able to do it but the pace they go at is truely insane. The three mile one was done in under an hour and we had day packs (40lbs) Tomorrow we shoule be maxing at 110lbs or so. I have been informed by third phasers that the 5 mile is the deciding point. It is the hardes hike we will do, because of pace and conditioning. To father I am kind of upset that I am not there to watch this amazing season. Hopefully we will go along wasy and end Bretts carrer on a great note. The training I have received here is of course the best in the world they teach us how to "build" positions which means we learn how to properly get into prone, sitting, kneeling, and prone position, and by using bone support and complete muscle relaxation are abl to hit a 12in target at 500 yds . I haven't done it yet all we got to shoot was 15yds to perfect the sights on our rifles. The rest get really complicated and require me showing and explaining the reason that it works. Next week is firing week we will shoot about 100 yds a day and then shoot to qualify or get dropped. Hopefully I will be able to succeed so far I have even when I think I have failed. Please write me and tell me how the McGinnetts are doing they definately seem like they have a hard road ahead of them. I am also a little disappointed that I was not there to help trim more branches out of the trees. I know the one in the front yard needs it. Well I need sleep so that tomorrow I will have some energy to walk that 5 miles.
LOVE
BEN
PS It may seem simple to you bt the pictures are definately the only thing keeping me going.
Recruit Benjamin
- The Few. The Proud. The Marines
- San Diego, CA, United States
No comments:
Post a Comment