Dear Family,
I am writing another quick letter to let you know how I am doing. I haven't been able to train the last 2 day because of my sick call the finally decided that I have Broncitos so they gave a meals worth of pills. I thought Jen would love that I am taking 120mg pseudoephedrine 2x/day, 325mg Acetaminophen 2 every six hours, 600mg Guaifenesin 2x/day. 100mg Benzonate 3x/day. and 400mg Moxifloxacin 1x/day. I also got a cocktail of antibiotics shot into my butt now for the second time only the first time was during processing and I also had five other shots and three vials of blood and yesterday another vial of blood for someone who hates needles I am starting to get quite use to them. On a positive note I am now down to weight 165lbs, which means in total since I decided to join the Marines I have lost almost 50 lbs. Please tell mom that I enjoyed here letter I just got iton T-6 (training day 6) 070910 (this is how they write the day year 2007, month september, & day 10th) and I am writing this on T-7. I do not have much more time now to write but I will as soon as square away time becomes more of out time and less of the Drill Instructors time. It is becoming colder at night now in the day we wear full military digis but when we are going to morning chow it is so cold but I know it is probably 70's outside. Not much more to report about except that three other guys in my platoon have pnemonia and I know we all need prayers to get better. It sounds dumb prayers are all we have to hold on to it is what keeps us sane and keeps us trying our hardest. The other funny this is now that I don't get a lot of sleep I am less tired than normal it feels good. Hopefully Jenny isn't driving you to crazy without he caffine hopefully she can write me some interesting facts about pnemonia and broncitius I miss being able to go online and learn something new about an interesting subject like that. I forgot the best part I had my ears clean by the doctor and my ears finally stopped bleeding about eight hours later talk about patient comfort there I will never flinch again when mom cleans my ears with a needle it will be far less painfull. We have lost 4 of our platoon so far two for drugs and two peed in some ones water canteen so they were dropped and will most likely get a court martial. The Hardest part for me is the fact some guys here don't want to wake up an see that this isn't fake either they start following orders or they will be dropped or sent to the brig where thy do old fashion hard labor. So for a short letter I want you to continue sending letters I don't know how fast I will be able to respond but I will try my hardest. I am struggling and I need your prayers but with God's help I know I will make it it just depends on how long it takes. I am tryng not to get dropped but with this broncitius I don't know so I hope it goes away fast so I can continue training.
I Love You All
Ben
Recruit Benjamin
- The Few. The Proud. The Marines
- San Diego, CA, United States
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment