Dear Family,
I know you probably might not get this till after graduation but here goes anyways today is Sunday. Last week was team week which is fun we get assigned place where we go and work for other Marines to see what it is like in the actual working force. I had to stay at the house most of the week doing paperwork, but I got to go one day to the warehouse and unload semi trucks for an hour and then sat and talked to the marines and ourselves for a couple hours. This week is the Marine Corp Birthday so there has been ceremonies all week on Thursdaywe had the cake cutting ceremony, the reading of General John A LeSuene (not sure if I spelled this right I couldn't make out all of his letters) birthday message the recognition of the oldest and youngest Marines and a birthday message from our Commander of the Marine Corp. For lunch we had steak, shrimp, Lobster tail and rolls oh and birthday cake. I also had to run another PFT this one counted incase we are not able to run the final one I was only 14 pts below a first class PFT 10 pull ups 105 crunches and a 24:30 three mile run. Friday night I got to participate in night patrols which mean that I go to patrol an area at night with rifles and radios. I also was on the QRF quick response force which is basically like a swat team so we were on the alert all night ready to activate with in a min or two I can't wait to see you all on Monday we all. On monday we are doing rappelling off a 100 ft tower and tuesday we are going to SATO to schedule a flight home. I will try to find out when you are flying get a flight on the same one or close to it. LOVE you all and only 5 more days till I see you
LOVE
Ben
Recruit Benjamin
- The Few. The Proud. The Marines
- San Diego, CA, United States
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment