Recruit Benjamin

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Letter 14 9-27-07

Dear Family,
I would like to tell you some good things today before I have to go and have oral surgery don't ask why they said I was fine and that they would see me after boot camp go figure. Anyway I don't want you to think that boot camp is miserable all fo the time yeah we do course that litterally you can barely stand afterwards like yesterday (ccx course)but there is beauty too yesterday on the way to morning chow at about 5 in the morning we were marching there was no one else out yes the dw and sprinklers had but a nice layer of water on the ground and our feed were keeping a steady beat on the ground the moon was full and larege shining over the darkness that enveloped MCRD like a blanket. It brought a peace to my heart to see that much beauty in amongst the pain and suffering. This next piece is for mom I know she is gong to have a good time here looking a trees I have never seen or heard about these trees before. They are gorgeous some of them are in full bloom and some are starting to get fruit pod that are dropping little red berries on the ground. Some have the biggest horizontal expance I have ever seen one tree onthe way to medical has captivated me. It has about a fourty foot height and about a twenty foot width. The lowest branch is about fifteen feet I really wound love to climb it. Also to mom Gideon does like candy I just don't remember what type. To Jen I love pictures they help remind me what I am struggling for and what I am swearing to protect I have another medical problem that was brought to my attention people were wondering how long our peanut butter shots lasted (bacillin shots) in our system. We call them peanut butter shots because they are so thick and hurt really bad afterwards, this is three days later and mind still hurts. Keep writing letters I may not write as much when I get up north where the really training begins but I will try to write a little we are going to be relaly busy and constantly be moving so you might get one or two letters but keep sending your they keep me going even if it i just telling me what you had for lunch every little thing helps.
Love,
Ben

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Just want to say a quick thanks to Ben's family for keeping the rest of us updated. It's good to know how we can better pray for him as he continues training. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I would also like to say Thank You to Jen and the rest of the Peiffer family. Keeping us informed is awesome. I have heard from Ben wice but it is good to see what he is doing so I can pray for his needs. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.