Recruit Benjamin

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Letter 11 09-23-07

Dear Family,
Today is Sunday and I am excited we get close to four hours of free time to square away stuff and write letters tomorrow will be a challenge we are qualifying for swimming and doing the confidence course, which will be interesting considering my fear of heights. We are also starting to pack up the house so we can move north for two weeks then we are in the field for two weeks sleeping on the ground. Druing that time we will not be able to receive mail or send it but I will continue writing letters to send to you when I get back and hopefully I will have a big pile waiting for me. I believe mother asked me about my prac recruit position. What it means is that I scored the highest on the ASVAB so when we are waiting in the chow line I stand and walk along the line shouting Info and they repeat it back to hopefully have it stick in their minds. Also when we are cleaning the rifles I sit in the middle shouting out the information about the M16A2 service rifle. It will be nice to get away from the airport the constant noise makes it hard for these recruits to hear these recruits orders. I am encouraged by the fact that I only have eight more weeks left and when I get back from up north I will only have three and a half weekstill I get to see everyone. You make friends here but they just don't fill the void that fmaily fills sometimes. I am often reminded of this when we are lying in our racks and they are playing taps and we lay their remembering our falling brothers and the ones who at this moment are giving their lives up to make sure ours can continue I feel honored that I get to carry on and up hold the traditions and legacys of these great men.
Love,
Ben

No comments: