Dear Family,
Well another coldish day here in Sunny Cal. Yesterday was a very big day for me yesterday I had to run a two mile run which about killed me considering before we had an hour of PT. Apparently there is a runner that those recruits in the pack were going to be dropped to PCP immediately. I was in the middle huffing and puffing. I was exhausted. Two days ago I told you I was doing pogle sticks but anyway I won my battle against two other recruits with five killing blows to the chest, and I received no blows myself. Today we have mid PTT test that I might get to miss, and on Saturday we have initial drill where we perform for the drill masters and get grade and hopefully beat the other 7 platoons. How has likfe been going in Wisconsin? I am upset that I am going to miss seeing the leaves change colors, the pumpkin patches, and going to orchard and even the apple cider. Please send pictures if any of you decide to go somewhere scenic even pictures of hikes I miss being in my forests there is nothing like them here so far. We have till next saturday here at MCRD and then we ship north for 5 weeks I am looking forward to it because it is more like I view boot camp no class daily hikes and field drills and firing our weapons. I will have to end this now. I need to go actually work instead of hiding and writting this.
I Love you all.
LOVE
BEN
PS When I get up north we will not have any time to write and will not be able to get all of our mail, because for a week or two we will be out in the field the whole time. Keep writting so when I get I will have a lot of mail to read and cheer me up.
Recruit Benjamin
- The Few. The Proud. The Marines
- San Diego, CA, United States
No comments:
Post a Comment